Manners

Ulin the Tech Mage ulinthetechmage at hit-techs.com
Fri Aug 15 15:55:57 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 12:42 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
> NoOp wrote:
>
> > On 08/14/2008 05:38 PM, andrea phillips wrote:
> >> I feel if you ask for help and someone is able to help thats good but
> >> you dont have to call people stupid you didnt know all you know when
> >> you got ubuntu so i think we should be a little nicer to everyone as
> >> well as ourselfs your bad day is yours and if you dont want anyone to
> >> email you unscribe thanks.
> >
> > Did I miss something?
>
> Probably - neither my local nntp server or google has any visible posts in
> the only thread that andrea seems to have participated.  KNode has headers,
> but can't downloaded the messages.
> --
> derek

I agree with her though.  we as experienced linux people need to
remember not to allow our egos to cloud our manners. and we need to
remember that we all need help with something or another eventually.  no
one is perfect at everything.  this is one of the reasons that I have
not posted in a while.  one of the last posts i had, i was flamed. that
is simply not acceptable.  I have been working with linux for 9 years
now.  I am not a newbie by any means, but the stuff i was working on is
stuff that i have never messed with before.