Error message: MP-BIOS bug...

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 15 00:54:43 UTC 2008

On 08/14/2008 01:18 PM, Demetry wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Error message:
> ... MP-BIOS bug> 8254 Time not connect to IO-Apic kernel panic- not
> syncing> IO-Apic + timer doesn't work! Boot with apic=debug and send a
> report. Then try booting with the noapic option.
>
> Ugh... Since on today I get the error message when I try to boot from
> the Live CD. The days before it works. Why not now?
>
> Demetry

Did you change anything in your BIOS?

See:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/91279
and
<https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux-source-2.6.20/+bug/91279/comments/7>

<quote>

 Cristian Aravena Romero wrote on 2007-04-30: (permalink)

Problem with "IntelĀ® Desktop Board D102GGC2"
* I update BIOS to Ver. 1087 date: 1/30/2007
* Install Ubuntu Feisty
* Reboot and not start Ubuntu

Solution:
* Press F2 and change in configuration of BIOS HyperThreading off (Work
with 1 CPU)
</quote>

Alternately, you can start with noapic and see if that resolves the issue.