Network Manager

Aart Koelewijn aart at mtack.xs4all.nl
Thu Aug 14 10:59:24 UTC 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:29:35 +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Kaushal Shriyan
> <kaushalshriyan at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have configured open vpn client using Network Manager. Where can i
>> see the openvpn client configs in Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop Linux.
>>
>> Basically I want to add the route command manually whenever i need to
>> connect to the openvpn server
>> sudo ip route add 10.10.0.0/8 via 10.10.10.12 dev tap0
>>
>> I am looking out for openvpn client configs in Ubuntu 8.04 Desktop
>> Linux to add the below route command
>> sudo ip route add 10.10.0.0/8 via 10.10.10.12 dev tap0 so that its done
>> automcatically.
>>
>> Thanks and Regards
>>
>> Kaushal
>>

>> Hi
>
> I have not received any reply for my query on this list
>
> Any ideas
>
> Thanks and Regards
>
> Kaushal

Dear Kaushal,

this was the second time you asked the question. I answered you the first
time you asked it. You will have to edit a file in /etc/openvpn. In man
openvpn is written how. I started using openvpn many years ago, before
Network Manager existed. I'm quite contend about the way it works for me,
so never had a reason to change my ways and try any other way.

Yours sincerely
Aart