Ubuntu Live CD - how to get persistence working?

Loïc Martin loic.martin3 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 23:15:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've been trying for the past few days to get persistence working with a
Hardy, a Gutsy and an Intrepid daily build live cd, but to no avail. I've
created two ext3 partitions on a 4GB USB flash drive, one named casper-rw
and the other one named casper-cow (just to be sure); following the wiki.

I boot with persistence added (either just adding persistence, or removing
the " -- " before typing persistence, but it doesn't work, and nothing gets
changed on the flash drive.

What can I do?

Thanks;
Loïc