Test gmail FIlter

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:24:45 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 11:00 AM, Pastor JW
<pastor_jw at the-inner-circle.org>wrote:

> On Monday 11 August 2008 12:52:08 pm Ashley Benton wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Pastor JW

> > > Well, i can follow that theory for a moment - so let's see if this
> > > message ever shows up again in my inbox. If it does, then at least it
> > > works partially...
> >
> > If you want to know if the list received your message with gmail, go to
> the
> > mailing list registration and set to be notified when you send a message
> > the list. You won't see your message but you will have an email each time
> > you send something to the list.
>
> That is not his problem, In fact his list preference is set this way.  His
> problem is Gmail drops out his own message returning to himself, so if he
> wrote it, Gmail drops it with the rational that the message is already in
> his
> sent list.  Now IF he erases the message out of his sent list then perhaps
> Gmail with no message to compare it to would let the message he wrote come
> back to his inbox.  If it just filters on his name as the author however,
> this may not happen.  It is the way Gmail works that is the problem, not
> the
> wat the maillist works.

Ok. I got this message. And I agree, it is probably more to do with gMail
than with this list, since I do get other messages (not my own). The
solution is probably in moving to a mail agent like Evo or Thunderbird... It
would be intersting to set it up and find that it works. At least it would
be fodder for reporting to gMail, although I'm not sure that they would be
willing to change anything.

Jack