Any tutorials -RUTEBOOK

Joep L. Blom jlblom at neuroweave.nl
Wed Aug 13 15:05:49 UTC 2008

Doug Pollard schreef:
> Doug Pollard wrote:

>>> I put in cd /. to change diecrory  the /usr/share/doc/rutebook
>>> complaint is  that  this is a directory
>>>                                               Doug
>>>

>> Here is the comand I typed in
>>
>> /usr/share/doc/rutebook
>> below is bash reply
>>
>> bash: /usr/share/doc/rutebook: is a directory
>> Does anyone see anything wrong with what I am doing??  looks right to me.
>>                                         Doug
>>

> Ok found this so the file is there but I don't know how to open it.
>
> -desktop:~$ ls /usr/share/doc/rutebook
>
> changelog.Debian.gz  copyright  html  rute.pdf.gz
>                    Thanks Doug

Doug,
"cd /usr/share/doc/rutebook"
"gunzip rute.pdf.gz"
You don't have to type rute.pdf.gz but type "gunzip ruTab}" (Tab is the
tab-key).
This will unzip rute.
Next see if you have the command acroread:
to do this type : "locate acroread"
This is the standard Adobe pdf-reader.
If it is available it normally is in a directory in your path.
Then, still in the directory rutebook type "acroread rute(Tab)" and  you
can read the book.
If you don't have acroread you can use "evince rute.pdf"
If you want more information don't hesitate to ask.
Joep