Hibernate on batery low

Kennneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Wed Aug 13 04:27:04 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 11:39:36 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:

> Kennneth P. Turvey wrote:
>
>> I just lost about an hours work because my system shut down when the
>> battery got low.  I don't think it even bothered to issue a warning.  I
>> have the configuration set to hibernate when the batery is low.  Why
>> isn't it working.
>>
>> I'm using Hardy on an intel 64 bit platform.
>
> Raise your low-battery limit.  Mine hibernates with 10 minutes left -
> perhaps it could be shorter, but at 3 minutes, it didn't work.  I never
> really checked what was happening, but a couple of possibilities come to
> mind:  acpi hard "wired" to shut down at some time greater than you set
> for hibernate; or the capacity left calculation is wrong

I can't find a way to set this under Gnome.  Any ideas?  This is probably
the problem my laptop thinks there is still 4 minutes of power left when
it quits.

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>
http://www.electricsenator.net

  Every country has the government it deserves.
        -- Joseph de Maistre