Help me. How to restore my ubuntu 6.06 because of faling to upgrade to 8.04

zhihang wang zhihang.wang at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 02:34:47 UTC 2008

When I upgrade my 6.06 to 8.04 directly by update from the internet, an
error occure. The error message is:
Unpacking xfonts-scalable (from .../xfonts-scalable_1%3a1.0.0-6_all.deb) ...

Setting up xfonts-scalable (1:1.0.0-6) ...
usage error: unrecognized option
Usage: update-fonts-dir DIRECTORY ...
update-fonts-dir { -h | --help }
This program is a wrapper for mkfontdir(1x) that is primarily useful to
Debian
package maintainer scripts. See update-fonts-dir for more information.
-h, --help display this usage message and exitdpkg: error processing
xfonts-scalable (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
xfonts-scalable

Now I can't enter gnome. How to restore my 6.06 or continue to upgrade?
--
Best Regards
zhihang wang