editors in rescue mode

Steve C. Lamb grey at dmiyu.org
Mon Aug 11 23:38:06 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 04:51:31PM -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
>     Whatever you call it, it was a great idea of someone to put vim in
> Ubuntu. It is a great editor.

    Thank Debian.  For the longest time the default rescue vi was elvis-tiny.
I'm not sure when it happened or why but the rescue moved from elvis-tiny to
vim-tiny though I think it was some time prior to October, 2004.

    And yes, having even passing knowledge of the rescue vi of Debian proves
I've used it for too long and far too deeply.  I even spent time comparing
vim, elvis and nvi.  ;)

       PGP Key: 1FC01004       | main connection to the switchboard of souls.