change permitions in user home

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 11 21:45:26 UTC 2008

You need to calm down and realize that people are just
trying to help you help yourself.  I do know how you
feel as this has happened to me and it prodded me to
do just that; google more and RTFM more.  You will
learn in time if you persist.
I don't know just exactly what file permissions you
are wanting to change(probably deleted it) but if you
will email me just what you are trying to do in detail
such as file name, current permissions and new
permissions, I will try to cook up a command for you.
Why am I doing that; because I want your experience on
the list to be helpful to you and not feeling like you
are being put down.  Realize though, that if the list
folks feel you are not doing your part you will get
more of the frustrating replies on worse, none.
Email me back and I'll do what I can and I'm know
expert but have changed permissions before.
BTW, the code 755 is a numeric code for the permission
you want; suspect UID, GID, but I don't know either.
You could google for linux permission code and
probably find the list definitions. I don't have abook
either. using a numeric permission code probably
didn't help your understanding.  You are not stupid
just unknowledgable and uninformed as I still am but
not as much as I used to be. IMHO, the list folks who
reply to novices in a condescending manor are the
stupid ones. I;ll try my best to help you if you send
the needed info.