List entries - gmail

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 18:52:52 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 2:35 PM, Marcin 'Qrczak' Kowalczyk <
qrczak at knm.org.pl> wrote:

> 2008/8/11 Verde Denim <tdldev at gmail.com>:
>
> > The really stupid part is that I set up a filter with the From address as
> > ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com, and the action to take as "Never Spam"...
> and
> > it still doesn't work.
>
> Is it marked as spam? If not, it does work.

The messages that I do get from the list come to the Inbox, so they are not
marked as Spam.

> > If the only mail I can't get is MY OWN,
>
> You don't get an additional copy because you already have the copy
> that you have sent. In the web interface it is inserted in the thread
> it is a part of. It can indeed be confusing if you access it via POP3.

Of course, it's in the Sent box. But, if that were the logic behind it, why
could I set an option on the Ubuntu mailing list to 'have a copy of my
messages sent to me'... ?

If I post a message to the list, it doesn't show up in my Inbox..
If I reply to a message on the list that has not first been sent to both the
list & me, it doesn't show up in my Inbox.