List entries - gmail

Verde Denim tdldev at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:01:56 UTC 2008

On Mon, Aug 11, 2008 at 12:24 PM, Bas Roufs <basroufs at gmail.com> wrote:

> > ...gmail does it. They even say that somewhere, they do this «to avoid
> cluttering your mailbox» (!). Your messages are in your _sent_ folder.
> >

> You are absolutely right. Of course, I use already a longer time the
> sent folder in both POP3 and the web interface to find and archive my
> own contributions to lists. But it still is a provisional, not very
> satisfactory solution. I simply want to get direct feed-back from a list
> about my contributions sent to it.
> > I'm using gmail myself, but I access it using the pop protocol and
> evolution, so I'm not exactly sure how to handle it using the web interface.
> However, in evolution what I did is to define a filter looking for messages
> sent to the list both in the incoming and outgoing folder. I imagine there
> is a similar workaround using the google interface.
> >
> Another interesting suggestion for a provisional solution that does not
> solve the core issue.
> The only thing I really want in this context is GMAIL to give me an
> option to 'clutter my e-mail box' with my own contributions. So far I
> did not manage to find such an option.
>
> Bas.

I'm trying to post a message to the list without the full contact header,
using only the email address to see if that makes a difference. I've noticed
when sending new messages that it includes the "Ubuntu user techniical
support, not for general discussion" in the address. I'm trying to see if
that makes any difference when sending to the list.

Jack