No shutdown button !!!

Charlie Kravetz cjk at teamcharliesangels.com
Mon Aug 11 13:32:30 UTC 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 00:33:48 -0500
Mario Xerxes Castelán Castro <mariocastelancastro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, i are using ubuntu 8.04.1 and the shut down button does not
> appear !!!

Here are a couple of possible solutions to this issue. It has been
reported in launchpad as a bug before.

I have not tried either of these, as I don't have this issue.

1.  From questions and answers [1]:
For your shutdown dialog issue
--------------------------------------

Please open a Terminal from the menu
Applications->Accessories->Terminal and type:

rm ~/.config/autostart/gnome-power-manager
rm -rf ~/.config/autostart

Then please tune your starting services under menu:
System->Administration-> .... And please keep running the Power manager
service

2.  From a bug report [2]:

Is the "Show Actions menu" option enabled in gdmsetup? Seems like this
option is somehow linked to the logout window options: the "Shut Down"
and "Restart" buttons do not get displayed if this option has been
turned off. At least that is the case on my laptop with Hardy installed.

[1] https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+question/33175
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/221368

Good luck,

--