memory reported less than installed

Bill Walton bill.walton at charter.net
Mon Aug 11 13:08:45 UTC 2008

Hi Mario,

Mario Xerxes Castelán Castro wrote:

> PD 2: Only for curiosity, why you install 10 GB of memory ?

I'm planning to try VMware Workstation.  They've got the ability, they say,
to "create virtual network environments that include client, server and
database virtual machines."  I'm hoping it'll let me do a couple of things
without spending the time / money to set up a real networked environment.
I'd like to experiment with deployment recipes for Rails apps.  And I'd like
to experiment with and compare the performance/stability/ease of config/etc.
of mod_rails vs. mongrel clusters.  Same with JRuby and MRI.

Best regards,
Bill