download ubuntu8.04 iso

debian debiani386 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 03:11:46 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 20:01 -0400, Doug Pollard wrote:
> Got a mess here, have a lot of problems and getting worse.  Was trying
> to use kino to capture video  and could not capture. Used sudo  to dv
> capture files in my user home folder.  Bad move that!  Am getting error
> messages and having problems with with Firefox and cannot down load to
> desktop or other files.  I have so many problems I feel it best  to
> download Ubuntu 8.04.1 iso in synaptic and reinstall.  Have all my data
> saved on external hard drive.    The question is how or can I down load
> iso file on synaptic.??
>
>            Thanks,  Doug

well you cant really download the *.iso file from synaptic..you will
need to download it from the ubuntu website or from bittorrent

from personal experience, i do not recommend reloading ubuntu straight
from the repository..something usually happens where either the servers
kick you off or the install breaks or something and it screws up the
entire thing. IMHO if you really have to, its best to reload just using
the CD

--cj