KDE 4.1 Desktop Issue

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 9 20:41:55 UTC 2008

Running kde 4.1 on an AMD64-X2 machine with Hardy up
to date.  After a powerfailure(not lightning caused) I
lost all my desktop entries(icons).  However, they are
all seen from konsole in my #HOME/Desktop directory.
Tried some things to no avail.  Can someone please
tell me how to get them back on the Desktop as they
are still in the file system.  Also kde 4.1 doesn't
have a panel icon to show desktop that I can find
anyway.  Can anyone tell be how to get teh show
desktop icon in the panel again.
Would greatly appreciate a solution to these two
issues and thanks for any help.
TIA

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net