Removing KDM

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 9 16:17:18 UTC 2008

On 08/09/2008 07:04 AM, David McNally wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently figured out how to install kubuntu-desktop on an Ubuntu machine
> (which seems to have gone well). However, I did accidentally switched the
> Login Manager from GDM to KDM.
>
> How do I switch it back to GDM?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> David

At the login, lower left corner, select "Options". Then "Select Session"
and then "Gnome". Enter your name and password when prompted. You will
then get a popup asking if you'd like to make Gnome your default, answer
yes. From then on out your sessions will automatically load as Gnome
after to you enter your name and password. If you want to use KDE for a
session, do the same and select KDE; you can tell it to only use it for
that session at the popup if you wish to only use it for that session.

If you'd like to get rid of the KDE login theme and go back to the Gnome
login screen:

System|Administration|Login Window|Local
Style: Themmed
Theme: Selected only
Human - Ubuntu Default Welcome Theme

You don't have to uninstall or remove anything.