KDE4.1 & Seamonkey Issue

Mumia W. paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 13:38:15 UTC 2008

On 08/07/2008 01:29 AM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- "Mumia W."
> <paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net> wrote:
>
>> On 08/06/2008 04:17 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
>>> Am using hardy x86-64, KDE4.1 and can only start
>>> Seamonkey from the cli interface(Konsole).  When I
>>> try
>>> to start Seamonkey from the K menu or a seamonkey
>>> icon
>>> in the panel, it will do the busy cursor routine
>>> for
>>> some time then just disappear. No problem running
>>> firefox or opera from menu or icon, just
>>> seamonkey.
>>> Seamonkey runs ok from cli but outputs errors
>>> shown
>>> below(can anyone offer a fix or link that would
>>> help):
>>> [...]
>> Your Seamonkey outputs far more errors than mine;
>> however, I'm using the
>> 32-bit Seamonkey from Mozilla.org. I was surprised
>> to see you say that
>> you can run Seamonkey from the CLI even after you
>> get an error loading
>> libxul.so which is critical to Mozilla applications.
>>
>> Examine the file ~/.xsession-errors to see if
>> Seamonkey leaves any
>> useful error messages as it fails to load.
> Didn't find seamonkey in there but it had a lot of
> enties.  The file is attached as err.txt just in case
> you want to take a look.  Appreciate the suggestion
> and trying to help.
>

> Leonard Chatagnier
> lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net

Log in through a virtual console and start X like so:

startx > err2.txt 2>&1

Then start Seamonkey and see if any error messages appear. Also, try to
find out what the Seamonkey icon in the panel is trying to launch; the
path to the program might be wrong.