IBM Lotus Symphony on AMD64 Machine

Mumia W. paduille.4062.mumia.w+nospam at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 8 13:28:07 UTC 2008

On 08/07/2008 12:24 PM, MirJafar Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just downloaded IBM lotus symphony from IBM site
> and was trying to install on 64 bit machine.
>
> Initially it was giving message that libstdc++5.so was
> required. So I manually changed its library path in the
> *.bin file.

That probably wasn't a good idea.

> Everything went smoothly till end and I got the following messages: I am
> sure that I have the lastest
> JRE and other JAVA Software on my machine.
>
> Has somebody encountered this problem and was
> it solved ?
>
> Thanks.

> Below are details about the features that failed to set up.
> Unable to complete action for feature "Default Personality" due to errors.
>         CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.rcp.personality.default.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]
> Unable to complete action for feature "Portal Support" due to errors.
>         CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.portal.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]
> Unable to complete action for feature "com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature"
> due to errors.
>         CWPIH0023E: Failure to install operation on feature
> com.ibm.productivity.tools.feature [java.lang.NullPointerException]

Restore the library path in the .bin file to its normal form. The
package libstdc++5 contains libstdc++.co.5. If the .bin file is really
looking for 'libstdc++5.so,' you can create a symbolic link in /usr/lib.

Of course, I'm assuming that libstdc++5 exists for the AMD64 platform;
if not, perhaps your way is best.