problem installing a card......

Leonard Chatagnier lenc5570 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 8 08:26:35 UTC 2008

Hello Nathan,
This may not help and it's a lot of trouble but it got
my wireless card working on my gutsy machine:
Install driver
Shutdown and remove card
Reboot without card
Shutdown again and reinstall card
and to keep from having to do a sudo ifdown wlan0
followed by sudo ifup wlan0 you can put the commands
in /etc/rc.local. I believe I also had to add the
module in /etc/modules. If you decide to try this,
email me direct and I'll start the wireless machine
and check it out for you.  It's to late to do it now
but would be happy to check it out tomorrow.
The driver may have improved since gutsy but it was
quite quirky. Except for the use of rc.local I found
most of the info googling for the RaLink drivers and
there were many variation in procedure. you may just
have to do some googling and reading to solve the
problem; I did.  Wish I could help further but it's
been a while. Good luck.