KDE4.1 & Seamonkey Issue

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 8 01:07:21 UTC 2008

On 08/06/2008 07:01 PM, Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> --- NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>> Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you
>> look at it) I do not
>> have any 64bit systems to test on. Can you try with
>> a new SM profile:
>>
>> seamonkey -P
>>
>> and then create a new profile. This will eliminate
>> any possible issues
>> that may have occured on the default install
>> profile.
>>
> Well, I ran the above command just as shown and got
> the cursor back.  Never did this before(Proffile) so
> let me know if I need to do something else.

Sorry, I forgot that it is case sensitive; should be:

seamonkey -p

Click on the "Manage Profiles", the "Create Profile" and you can create
a new profile - perhaps name it 'test'. Then if you want to try to start
with that profile:

seamonkey - test

That way you won't mess up anything in your existing default profile.
BTW: you should of course backup your ~/.mozilla folder to
~/x-.mozilla-x before you fiddle around with your profiles etc... just
in case :-)

>> Also:
>> http://packages.ubuntu.com/source/hardy/seamonkey
>> You might want to do a complete reinstall given that
>> you are early into
>> this:
>>
>> sudo apt-get remove --purge seamonkey
>> sudo apt-get install seamonkey
>>
> Have done this but will do again just in case.  Thanks
> for the help.

For the Application menu issue: I don't know how to do it in KDE, but in
Gnome it is right clicking Applications, then Edit Menus, then
'Internet' then right click on 'SeaMonkey' and check to see if the
command shows: seamonkey %u
You can also enter a direct path: click the Browse button, browse to
your SeaMonkey installation location (/usr/bin/) and click on seamonkey.
That will place the command: /usr/bin/seamonkey/seamonkey in the menu.
Note: be sure to use the browse button to get to the path/file as
sometimes (at least on Gnome) just putting in the path and command
doesn't always work.