Question about "Hardy Heron" with Orca and Braille

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 7 22:21:12 UTC 2008

On 08/07/2008 11:22 AM, Demetry wrote:
> On 8/7/2008 12:04 AM, NoOp wrote:
>> Use the down arrow (4 down) to select Braille Terminal, then press
>> 'Enter'. Press 'Enter' again; that will load the linux kernel and then
>> drop you into the Braille configuration menu.
>>

> It seems the Braille Terminal does not work? I chosen it and then i
> happen nothing. The system boot forwarding.
>
> Demetry

You might try unplugging it from the USB port, waiting a minute or two,
and then plugging back in. It is possible that it is not being detected
properly on startup. If that doesn't work then I suggest that you might
have better luck/responses on the Accessibility list:
or Assistive Technology & Accessibility Forum:
<http://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?s=7612e188ba273aa3e6efc3a3a57f97d2&f=145&order=desc>

Sorry, not trying to move you off to another list/forum, but those are
probably the better choices for your questions. If you have problems
subscribing to the accessibility list let me know and I'll be happy to
post a question on that list for you.

Note: when you do post on the accessibility list, I'd recommend that you
be sure and tell them exactly what type of FS Pac Mate you are using
(20/40?) and what you have attempted so far.  Good luck Demetry & post
back if that still doesn't help you out.