installing kde/kubuntu over gnome/ubuntu

David McNally david3333333 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 19:35:25 UTC 2008

So, I should download and install the "kubuntu-desktop" package with
Synaptic? And not the "kde" package.

Also, if I download and install the "kubuntu-desktop" package and have it
running Kubuntu, can I still access and use and save all my files that I had
with Gnome? (I don't know if this helps, but I'm using only one hard drive
and one computer, not connected to any others -- I like to keep it simple,
which Ubuntu does quite well.)

Again, Thank you so much,
David