Off-Topic: Parse an html file and transfer the text found

Leo Cacciari leo.cacciari at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 13:13:49 UTC 2008

Il giorno gio, 07/08/2008 alle 09.21 -0300, Derek Broughton ha scritto:
> Leo Cacciari wrote:

> >> My personal preference is Ruby, but any language with an XML parser would
> >> do.  It's just that Ruby makes it enjoyable ;-)
> >>
> > Both the pyton-lover ;) and myself are gone out of our way trying to
> > avoid religious wars about scripting language (which are almost as bad
> > than the ones about emacs/vi, and useful as a sore finger when you have
> > something to type....) please, do the same :-)
>
> The only person making a war out of this is you.  He _did_ say any language
> with an XML parser would work.

cool man, I was joking, as I assumed was clear, if it wasn't then I'm
really sorry and apologize [of course I was not joking about the
usefulness of religious wars...]

> Personally, I'm conflicted about the very thought of learning Ruby.  If it's
> as good as everybody who loves it claims, I'll have to switch preferences
> again...

Well, I'm always for learning new things, is just a matter of occasion
and opportunity... About ruby I also seen a lot of good reports from
people loving it, and a lot of posts pointing out bad things, coming
from people hating the language. I take both cum grano salis, and wait
for an occasion to learn and use ruby, It'll came, eventually:)

--
Leo Cacciari