Please advise...

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 7 12:27:56 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 14:56 -0400, David Curtis wrote:
>> Suuri, it's also advisable not to top post.
>
> Well, if it's a one-line "thank you" or similar stuff, I don't see why.
> In this case, reading a top post is certainly better than wading through
> quotes after quotes just to read one line at the end.

No, it's not.  The whole purpose of "don't top post" is to get people to
trim.  If you write one line and include 1000 lines of other people's
posts, it's a bad thing whether you top-posted or not.  There are still
millions of people out there who are paying by the byte or on slow dial-up
connections who really need us to trim.
--
derek