Wireless Network Key

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Thu Aug 7 12:33:31 UTC 2008

Mario Vukelic wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-08-06 at 17:49 -0300, Derek Broughton wrote:
>>
>> Didn't work perfectly on _this_ nc6000 until I got the latest firmware
>> for the broadcom, this week.
>
> Broadcom? Well, everyone knows that they suck ;)

Ah, yes, but I got it cheap, and knew that sucky or not, I could either get
it to work, or throw in a cheap card that would.

> My nc6000 is a regular Centrino-platform model with an Intel 3945ABG

Well, that's why we always ask posters to specify chipsets when they
complain about network problems, because there's no such thing as
a "standard" wifi in any laptop model.  Dell usually gives you at leastt
three options.
--
derek