QUESTION - Any tutorials or online training?

David Clark clarksd5 at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 15:18:02 UTC 2008

Howdy!

This is my first posting to the group. After al these years, being a newbie
can be tough on the ego :)
I've worked more than 15 years with DOS and Windows and now I've ventured
into Linux. I've seen the 'writing on the wall' and it's all good. As an
admin, Windows severely restricts my chance to do things in a different more
secure manner. I find Linux server platforms faster, and streamlined - less
bloated.

I'm looking for training opportunities. Anyone care to share some training
materials or resources - ISO files or websites with training. Linux/Ubuntu
has a lot of command line similarities to DOS, and that's great. Some of the
file structure is similar also, but I want a deeper understanding.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance.

David Clark