nfs mount not working

Donny George donny008 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 16:03:39 UTC 2008

On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Mark Haney <mhaney at ercbroadband.org> wrote:

> Donny George wrote:
>

> > so sorry i didnt know i was talking to a GURU in ldap.
>
> I wouldn't call myself a guru.  I just have setup and maintained LDAP
> databases for several years now.
>
> > is there anythign wrong with this documentation. i collected it frmo
> various
> > sources. i cant log in frmo the client with the user created at the ldap
> > server. this is the problem that i am facing now
> >

> Honestly, I can't read the documentation you've included so I can't say
> for sure that it's correct or not.  Everything is so mashed together I
> can't decipher it.
>
> If you can send it to me via a file attachment directly, I'll take a
> look at it.
>
> On the TS side, ldapsearch is your friend here.  With ldapsearch you can
> determine what's failing with it's output.  It'll tell you where the
> trouble spots are in your configuration.
>

> --
> Libenter homines id quod volunt credunt -- Caius Julius Caesar
>

> Mark Haney
> Sr. Systems Administrator
> ERC Broadband
> (828) 350-2415
>
> Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support

hey marc

wen i do getent passwd, i get the users as

ttest:x:1005:1001:testuser,,,,:/home/users/ttest:/bin/bash
ttest:*:1005:1005:testuser test:/home/users/ttest:/bin/sh
ttest2:*:1006:1005:testuser2 test2:/home/users/ttest2:/bin/sh

and wen i do id ttest2 it says no user.
why is this happening even when i have created a user in the ldap as ttest2

don