KDE Question

pkaplan1 at comcast.net pkaplan1 at comcast.net
Tue Aug 5 21:00:48 UTC 2008

My immediate question would be; if you now allow the new user to login under Gnome, quit Gnome and then attempt to login again under kde, what happens?  Is the problem simply having Gnome config files (or in my case kde 3.5.9) or something else?

When I did this, no "interactions", but I never traced the problem.  It's worth noting that a number of gnome directories (.gconf, .gonfd, .gnome, .gnome2_private, .gnupg)  are created in the user account even if one never uses Gnome.  I assume these are to support gtk based apps.
Paul

From: Jim Smith <jim at oz.net>