Kino problem

Ulf Rompe Ulf.Rompe at icem.com
Tue Aug 5 16:12:02 UTC 2008

On Di, 2008-08-05 at 11:56 -0400, Doug Pollard wrote:
> Ok was able to run Kino and capture video with the comand gksudo
> kino.
> Does this mean I as a user do not have permissions

Yep.

> and if so how to I give myself as a user permission.

You may just add yourself to the "disk" group:

sudo adduser $USER disk

(As a side effect, this enables you to directly access every disk in
your system. So it would be more elegant to change the permissions
of /dev/*1394, but I think you have to create a rule in /etc/udev to
change them permanently. Maybe someone here is more up-to-date with this
stuff.)

[x] ulf

--
Besuche machen immer Freude. Wenn nicht beim Kommen, dann beim Gehen.
(Spanisches Sprichwort)