Ubuntu 8.04 LTS (desktop)

(=?utf-8?q?=60=60-=5F-=C2=B4=C2=B4?=) -- Fernando ubuntu at bugabundo.net
Tue Aug 5 10:40:36 UTC 2008

Olá Mackenzie e a todos.

Redirecting to ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 09:42:02 Mackenzie Morgan wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-04 at 03:16 -0400, Nagin Chand wrote:
> > Sir,
> >
> > I have obtained the DVD of the Ubuntu 8.04 LTS as distributed by the Linux For You magazine published from India. I was just trying to install it on an AMD 64-bit 3200+ machine with 512 Mb ram and Gigabyte sis based motherboard. My experience is as follows:
>
> That's not the official DVD, I don't think.
>
> > 3. Even in one of the most ommon software, openoffice, it installs only a subset of that is available on the DVD. For example it does not install the base (database part) and the math part among others. Also, some of the languages are simply not installed and later on the user has to intervene.
>
> All of OpenOffice is installed by default from the official Ubuntu CD
> and DVD.  If something was missing, I'd blame the remix that magazine
> made.  The official disks allow you to choose your language at install
> time.  If you want to have your system be multi-lingual, System ->
> Administration -> Language Support.

I dont know how it occurs on the DVD version, but the CD doesnt install Base or many other packages for OOo.
If you dont have network while installing (until hardy) several language packages would not be installed, and OOo would end up in English even if the all system as in another language.

--
BUGabundo  :o)
(``-_-´´)	http://Ubuntu.BUGabundo.net