HELP WINDOWS XP

James Takac p3nndrag0n at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 03:20:09 UTC 2008

Hi Jake

On Tuesday 05 August 2008 12:41:27 Jake wrote:
> Ok, I've been through this so many times, "you have to press ESC", "Is
> there", well no, its not, can anyone just PLEASE tell me how to UNINSTALL
> Ubuntu, so I can get on Windows XP and re-install Ubuntu to dual boot,
> Please do not tell me that I don't have to uninstall, because the fact of
> the matter is, I really need do, so Please help me..
>
> Help Greatly Appreciated, Jake

Are you sure you haven't inadvertently wiped Windows when you installed
Ubuntu? If you chose to use the entire disk during your install then Windows
is gone. If you resized as the option then both should be there and you
should in Ubuntu be able to view the windows partion. If you can't that may
be a sign that you wiped it as the install process generally will pick up
Windows if it's there and offer it as a boot option. Quick way to check to
see if your windows partition is visible is to click on places then choose
computer. As I have vista on the other laptop I see RECOVERY and VistaOS
listed besides my dvd drive and the filesystem. If you only have the
filesystem and optical drive (or usb if plugged in) then I suspect you have
wiped windows

James