converting from mysql to sqlite

Derek Broughton news at pointerstop.ca
Mon Aug 4 16:27:16 UTC 2008

Please don't top post.

Greenjeans wrote:

> If you've gog PHPmyAdmin, export the database (with full export of data)
> Go into the SQL-Lite manager and import the file you dumped. It should
> work, with the possible exception of removing the commentary at the header
> of the dump file...
>
> Jack
>
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Ulin the Tech Mage <
> ulinthetechmage at hit-techs.com> wrote:
>
>> anyone know of a good way to convert from mysql to sqlite.  I have been
>> running into alot of closed doors attached is a copy of my sql file  and
>> a copy of the converter script

It sure looks like he _did_ use PHPmyAdmin.

When converting between SQL databases, you normally need to restrict
yourself to ANSI SQL to keep compatibility.

1) SET statements are not ANSI SQL so you can't expect them to work.
2) Do either "CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS" or "ENGINE=MyISAM" exist in
SQLlite?  They're non standard.  You should be able to remove all of those
clauses.
--
derek