OpenGL glxgears demo program

Chaman Singh Verma csv610 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 03:13:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 11:56 PM, NoOp <glgxg at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 08/03/2008 03:35 AM, Chaman Singh Verma wrote:
> > On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 9:14 AM, NoOp <snip> wrote:
>

> >> So it's being detected, but according to your 'lsmod|grep drm' it
> >> appears that it is not being loaded. I wonder if perhaps it is being
> >> blacklisted for your chipset.
>

> > Hello,
> > I don't know the meaning of "BlackList", Who is at fault ? Me or Intel or
> > someone in between.
> >

> No, I don't think it's anything that you did. There is a file that
> automatically blacklists certain chipsets from being loaded by the
> kernel at startup if they do not behave as expected.
>
> Can you please post the output of:
>
> cat /etc/modules
>
> and
>
> cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
>
> Thanks

Hello,
Here are the required info:

csv610 at blackhole:~$ cat /etc/modules
# /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
#
# This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
# at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.

fuse
lp
rtc
csv610 at blackhole:~$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
# This file lists those modules which we don't want to be loaded by
# alias expansion, usually so some other driver will be loaded for the
# device instead.

# evbug is a debug tool that should be loaded explicitly
blacklist evbug

# these drivers are very simple, the HID drivers are usually preferred
blacklist usbmouse
blacklist usbkbd

# replaced by e100
blacklist eepro100

# replaced by tulip
blacklist de4x5

# causes no end of confusion by creating unexpected network interfaces
blacklist eth1394

# snd_intel8x0m can interfere with snd_intel8x0, doesn't seem to support
much
# hardware on its own (Ubuntu bug #2011, #6810)
blacklist snd_intel8x0m

# causes failure to suspend on HP compaq nc6000 (Ubuntu: #10306)
blacklist i2c_i801

# replaced by p54pci
blacklist prism54

# replaced by b43 and ssb.
blacklist bcm43xx

# most apps now use garmin usb driver directly (Ubuntu: #114565)
blacklist garmin_gps

# replaced by asus-laptop (Ubuntu: #184721)
blacklist asus_acpi

csv610 at blackhole:~$