How to upgrade KDE 4.0 apps to KDE 4.1 on Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Sat Aug 2 10:16:19 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 14:06 +0530, Ashish Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Ubuntu 8.04 and have various KDE 4.0 apps installed like
> Kate, Konsole, Dolphin along with KDE libs 4.0, I want to upgrade them
> to KDE 4.1 versions.
>
> Please remember that I do not want to install whole KDE 4.1 desktop
> but just want to upgrade apps what I already have.

Are you sure that you even _can_ run 4.1 apps on the 4.0 platform? AFAIK
KDE 4 is under very heavy development, so I'd be surprised if they
provided ABI stability between 4.0 and 4.1 -- the libs have probably
changed a lot.

Maybe this helps, but it is mainly about installing the whole KDE 4.1:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/How-To-Install-KDE-4-1-On-Ubuntu-8-04-91034.shtml

However, they give a repo, so maybe you can download the debs you are
interested manually, and install them on their own.

I do not use Kubuntu, so take that with a grain of salt.