Unable to use Ubuntu 8.04 live CD

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 1 15:34:00 UTC 2008

On 07/31/2008 10:53 AM, Jerry Alber wrote:

> NoOp,
>
> Glad to know that I am not really crazy, but I don't really want this to
> be one of the "Mysteries" of life. When I do mount the ISO, could you
> point me in the right direction as to what to look for. I could compare
> the 8.04 Ubuntu and the Kubuntu 6.10 which works, but that is a lot to
> compare.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jerry

I wish I could, but I can't seem to (yet) find a definitive answer. From
what you describe on your system, it seems to be be going into a "Log
Out" loop of sorts. When I click on "Log Out" I get exactly the same as
what you are showing: login screen and the 10 second msg.

I'll look at it again when I get the laptop back later today. You
mentioned that when you click on either desktop icon (Examples or
Install) you get the 10 second login screen. In the interim, maybe you
could look up the shortcut key(s)/procedure for "Log Out" - I wonder if
something on your keyboard and/or system is getting interpreted as a
"Log Out" when it should not.