Win98 -- all kidding aside

Jimmy Montague rhetoric102 at iowatelecom.net
Fri Aug 1 13:31:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 08:46 -0400, Bart Silverstrim wrote:
> Mario Vukelic wrote:
>
> > P.S.: funny how every single time Res writes an unfounded rant against
> > myself or anyone else, he or the people he purports to protect from name
> > calling (that rarely happened in the first place) are the worst
> > offenders by far.
>
> A quick google of Res's email shows he seems to have kind of a history
> of joining lists, starting an argument, then proclaiming everyone else
> unreasonable and doing the mailing list equivalent of sticking his
> fingers in his ears and yelling "la la la la la I'm not listening to you
> I'm not listening to you...". There is no reasoning or reconciliation
> with someone that act that way.
>
> This doesn't stop him from coming back periodically to hurl more insults
> towards people he feels wronged him, though. Then he will lecture on how
> these people hurt the community with *their* attitude and behavior.
>
> Jimmy Montague, you don't like me, that's fine...but I'd take a look at
> the history he has before hitching your wagon to him.

What's obvious to me is this: The fact that I don't like you is NOT
fine with you, Bart Silverstrim. If it was fine with you, you wouldn't
have posted this particular bit of poison. You promised me that you and
I were quits. I've been trying to get rid of you (remember I told you to
answer the question or butt out of the thread?) for several days, now,
but, like a case of clap in a trailer court, you just keep coming back.

Go away. Don't post to me. Leave me alone.

About Res -- as near as I can tell he has every reason to piss you off.
I don't know anything about the guy but I don't need to know anything
about the guy to understand why he pisses you off.

I have no intention of "hitching my wagon" to anyone. I will listen to
anyone who replies to questions THAT I POSE with solutions that work.
But after enduring two days of condescension and lies from you and your
pals (with the occasional relevant but-ineffective-suggestion thrown
in), my floppy drive still doesn't work. The lies and condescension
would tolerable if only you knew what you're talking about. I'm not
afraid of the Socratic method, but (about floppies on Ubuntu, at least)
you seem to have nothing to teach and so I get nothing for my tolerance
of you.

You said you were finished with me. So be that. It's one idea of yours I
find entirely to my liking because I'm sure it will work for both of us.

Jimmy