Win98 -- all kidding aside

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 1 03:38:34 UTC 2008

On 07/31/2008 07:36 PM, Jimmy Montague wrote:
> There's that famous Linux tech support at work again.
>
> On Thu, 2008-07-31 at 18:14 -0700, NoOp wrote:
>> On 07/31/2008 05:55 PM, Jimmy Montague wrote:
>>

>> > I thought about burning at 1x -- but I'm already 60 years old and have
>> > coronary artery disease, and I don't know if I'll live long enough to
>> > see that burn finish. . . .
>> >
>> > Good luck, my ass.
>> >

>> That's pretty much it in my book; don't let the door hit you in the ass
>> on the way out.

Tech support my ass. The people on this list are _users_ that attempt to
assist other _users_. I could say much more but instead I'll refer you to:

I'll follow "Step down considerately" and no longer respond to you on
this list, and offer the following parting comments:

Nobody cares if you are an ex-Marine or ex-anything (my email works if
you would like to compare _actual_ *combat* and wartime experiences -
others on this list can easily do the same should they wish).

  This is an Ubuntu _community_ mailing list, and I as well as others
have attempted to assist you despite your arrogant attitude and
disrespectful comments. Many on this list have considerable expertise
and experience with computers, systems, networks, Windows, linux, IT
management, etc., and come from all walks of life/countries/cultures.
Some are only starting out with both computers and/or Ubuntu/linux; all
are welcome as far as I can tell. With only a few exceptions nearly all
attempt to assist if they can. It is only when someone such as yourself
pops in and decides to take the insulting offensive that people finally
tire of putting up with your nonsense.
  I personally recommend that you reread all of your posts to this list
and think that you've made any headway with your comments. If you figure
that you have, and that your comments are correct then more power to
you, and I do indeed wish you luck - you obviously will need it.