Reliable VNC client

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 30 23:59:48 UTC 2008

On 04/30/2008 04:45 PM, Christoph Bier wrote:
> NoOp schrieb am 30.04.2008 23:25:
>
>> On 04/30/2008 10:48 AM, Christoph Bier wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I got problems with Vinaigre, it does not connect to a Mac OS X
>>> machine. Connecting works with xtightvncviewer (without any options)
>>> but it's not quite comfortable since I have to restart it after each
>>> login. I didn't find any helpful documentation for Vinaigre---I
>>> searched the Vinaigre homepage and GNOME help. Does anybody know any
>>> tricks to get Vinaigre working with a machine xtightvncviewer works
>>> with?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>> Christoph
>>
>> Try it via the Terminal Server Client:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install tsclient xvnc4viewer
>>
>> Afterwards you will find TSC in Applications|Internet
>
> Thanks! I tried it but it didn't work. Connection is closed and I
> see the TSC start window again.

Were you able to connect?

By "see the TSC start window again" do you mean that after you close the
session from the remote you see the TSC error and offer to reconnect
after 30 seconds? If so, that is normal; TSC is telling you that it lost
the connection when it was closed by the remote and is offering to
reconnect.

If not, then perhaps:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/vinagre/+bug/206227

Join that train & hopefully you'll find a solution. Good luck :-)