Menu and task bar doesn't appear in Gnome

michael wilson ubuntu.eeepc at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 19:51:02 UTC 2008

I made that happen six times in one day.  I had to do a clean install to get
it back.  Thi is how I broke it:
1. playing with the effects with my Nvidea restricted drivers.  A reboot
breaks it
2. uninstalling evolution

Both of these are guaranteed to nuke my system 100% of the time with no way
to get it back.