banned by ip

Justin Gruenberg justin.gruenberg at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 17:59:51 UTC 2008

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 7:13 AM, Arthur <pylinuxian at gmail.com> wrote:
> well, a normal internet user. won't care about this matter as long as he can
> fire up his browser go to youtube & watch some videos ... then go to hotmail
> & check his mail ...
> believe me if he wants to go further then he will start caring ...
>
> some situations like some websites don't allow more than one connection to
> their website from a single ip address !!! what if i have 3 employees using
> this website ? do i have to buy 3 ips ? (I have 70 ppl behind one single ip
> so buying 70 makes it a bit too $$$$)
>  this is just an example & here is another, someone (your nieghboor next
> door) is downloading too much from a website, you get banned because yday he
> has the ip address you have today (dhcp is great) ... i could go on ..

Why would your neighbor nextdoor be using your IP?  Open wireless?
You might have thought of that before you kept it open.

You really haven't described what your problem is. . . is seems like
you're trying to get around an IP ban, without giving specifics.  I
don't think it's wise for anyone on this list to give advise in this
situation, given that it isn't a Ubuntu technical question and could
be enabling you to do something malicious.