Does anybody use apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade to Hardy?

PEDRO MACANAS VALVERDE macanas_ped at gva.es
Fri Apr 25 08:11:15 UTC 2008

De:  DigitalPig
Enviado el: jue 24/04/2008 16:55
Para: ubuntu-usersAsunto: Does anybody use apt-get dist-upgrade to upgrade to Hardy?

>Hi there~

>I was a Debian user. Since Ubuntu is another branch of Debian, I
wondering if apt-get dist-upgrade works. I read Ubuntu.com and it
recommend to use update-manager. However, I don't like graphic UI since
I have no idea what the progress is. (I mean on which package the update
manager is working.) Is there any critical issues that prevents me using
apt-get dist-upgrade?

Try https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Debian/ToUbuntu .

And talk there and here your experience.

Regards.