USB Headset volume and mic gain

Kenneth P. Turvey kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com
Wed Apr 30 05:09:40 UTC 2008

I purchased a new USB headset yesterday since my old one died.  With the
old one the volume and gain were about right by default, but with this
one I would like to turn both up a bit.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find anyway to do it that works.  I tried
using the alsamixer application, but that doesn't seem to have an effect
either.

Also, the headset has a volume control built in.  I would like it to
work, but it doesn't.  It opens up the volume control, but of course this
volume control has no affect on the headset.. or anything else for that
matter.

I've had a number of difficulties with sound under Ubuntu.  Is this part
of the system simply fragile?

Thank you,

--
Kenneth P. Turvey <kt-usenet at squeakydolphin.com>