Sound stops after resume from standby or hibernation....

John Toliver john.toliver at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 04:46:22 UTC 2008

Whenever I hibernate my machine the sound is muted apparently and then
when I resume the sound gets stuck in mute.  Googled and found a script
to manually un-mute the sound but it gave me instruction to place it in
my "/etc/acpi/resume.d" folder and give it executable priveleges.  I did
that and it still doesn't run on resume.  I have confirmed that the
actual script works but it's not running on resume.

Any ideas for how to get it to run on resume, or alternatively, how to
keep Hardy from getting stuck in mute mode?
Thanks in advance.

Patience yields far greater results than brute force or rage ever could
so relax......it's just life !!!