Missing stuff from 6.06 LTS to 8.06 LTS upgrade.

Kipton Moravec kip at kdream.com
Wed Apr 30 02:30:56 UTC 2008

I did the upgrade from 6.06 LTS to 8.06 LTS.

I have three immediate problems.

1. At the top of the screen to the right of the System menu item, I have
funky dark rectangles where my Mozilla Foxfire and Evolution Icons
should be. During the installation it said it could not find the .png
files. Where do I get the Icons and where do I put them?

2. Mozilla works from blank Icon, but Evolution blank Icon says "Could
not launch application, Failed to execute child process
"evolution-2.6" (No such file or directory)". How do I fix this?

3. Under menu Applications -> Office I have both "Evolution" and
"Evolution Mail and Calender" Selecting "Evolution" I get "Could not
launch application, Failed to execute child process "evolution-2.6" (No
such file or directory)".
Selecting "Evolution Mail and Calender" Evolution starts. It says
version 2.22.1 in the About. How do I get rid of the extra Evolution
menu without killing the evolution that works?

Thanks,
Kip
--
Kipton Moravec KE5NGX
"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."