Evolution and the filters

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 30 00:54:48 UTC 2008

On 04/29/2008 02:11 PM, Keith Clark wrote:
> Transferring the filters.xml file from one computer to another for
> Evolution will not work, correct?  It will still take some heavy
> editing due to the fact that it names the computer and path in the
> filename when stating where to store the filtered email?
>
> Keith

Works for me, but then again my rules are pretty simple. If you do have
to edit, just bring it up in an editor or even OOo and do a
Replace/Replace All whatever. Here is an example:

====
   </rule>
    <rule grouping="any" source="incoming">
      <title>Mail from Wally World</title>
      <partset>
        <part name="sender">
          <value name="sender-type" type="option" value="contains"/>
          <value name="sender" type="string">
            <string>wallyworld.org</string>
          </value>
        </part>
      </partset>
      <actionset>
        <part name="move-to-folder">
          <value name="folder" type="folder">
            <folder uri="email://local@local/Inbox/WallyWorld"/>
          </value>
        </part>
      </actionset>
    </rule>
====

Note: wallyworld.org is owned by Mark Wallin... don't use it, I only
used it as a reference :-)

I think if you look through your filters.xml you should be able to see
the pattern necessary to make any changes. Create a couple filters on
your target machine, look through that xml and see if there is anything
specific you migh need to change on the copied one.  Of course, you
should backup your xml files before messing with them.