Evolution and the filters

Francis Earl lunitik at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:18:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-04-29 at 14:11 -0700, Keith Clark wrote:
> Transferring the filters.xml file from one computer to another for Evolution will not work, correct?  It will still take some heavy editing due to the fact that it names the computer and path in the filename when stating where to store the filtered email?

This isn't directly related to your question, but if you use gmail, you
can import mail from other e-mail accounts via pop, then use its filters
on the mail.

This is handy, as you can use IMAP to access mail that already have the
gmail filters applied. The labels in Gmail become Folders in your e-mail
client...

Rather handy if you ask me, because IMAP keeps everything at the server,
so mail is accessible in the same way on all computers.

You can also apply evolution filters once to the gmail account, and they
will stick server side...

I hope this is useful to you  :)