Nvidia Server Settings

tux792 jjjordan at grandecom.net
Mon Apr 28 13:07:18 UTC 2008

I configured the subject settings for dual-screen but could not write to
the X11-config file to apply the new configs.  I assume that is because
I am not signed-in as root.  Ubuntu will not allow me to log-in into the
GUI as root, compounding my frustration.  If I could boot-up into
runlevel-3, I could possible run startx and log into the GUI as root but
I am not sure about that happening with Ubuntu.

I know of no way to reconfigure the subject server settings from the
CLI, so SUDO-ing isn't a possible avenue.  I also need a method to set a
root password, which usually happens during installation on other
distributions.  Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
JTux