Imagemagick and no delegates for format (jpg)

pkpdjh dave at evlax.com
Mon Apr 28 10:33:05 UTC 2008

Andy Baxter wrote:

> James Cummings wrote:
>> "montage: unable to read font
>> `/usr/local/lib/ImageMagick-6.3.7/config//usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/n019003l.pfb'."
>>
>> which as a path is completely borked anyway... even
>> /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/ doesn't exist... (even though
>> ghostscript is installed of course).
>>
>> Any more suggestions?  I want to put captions on the photos, so
>> presumably it needs to find a font!
>>
>> -James
>>

> Or else do ./configure --help and look carefully to see if there is a
> path you can specify at compile time to deal with this issue.

I was having the same problem with the font files not being found.

Andy's ".configure" idea helped me.  I re-installed ImageMagick from source
and pointed to the fonts explicity using:

%sudo apt-get remove imagemagick
%./configure --with-gs-font-dir=/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1
%make
%sudo make install

(I found that directory by doing a search for files called '*.pfb.'  Yours
could be different.)