Install 8.04 over a previous 7.10

Mario Vukelic mario.vukelic at dantian.org
Tue Apr 29 00:57:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 19:25 -0500, Kipton Moravec wrote:
> I do not have any idea what the "dapper-updates" software channel is
> or how to enable it.
> As far as I know I have all the updates. Whenever it tells me there is
> an update I update it.

dapper-updates is a special software repository (channel). Ubuntu
promises that functionality does not change after release. Sometimes,
however, Ubuntu would like to push important updates for software
problems or, like in this case, updates that are needed for a smooth
upgrade. To give administrator the choice about applying them, these
updates are separated into their own channel.

Navigate to "System" > "Administration" > "Software Properties" and make
sure that dapper-updates is enabled there.